Fourteen weeks ago, Loretta Brown and I left Austria after a two and a half week ministry assignment in Vienna, Lower Austria, Styria and Salzburg. We spoke to three home groups with 20-35 people each time and presented a Seminar in Groedig near Salzburg. The message God gave us was about His Divine Design for us to live in reality rather than denial and out of our spirit to Spirit relationship with the Triune God rather than out of our souls. We taught principles from the Word of God, blessed people’s spirits, helped them discover their Redemptive Gifts and did some land assignments God gave us. One day in February, while we were there, a group of intercessors at Campbellsville University in Kentucky was propelled into an hour of prayer for Austria. “Let the sound of the Gospel echo off the mountains of Austria again!” That very day the Lord defeated a petition to establish a pagan outpost in the mountains of that land!
Before we left Austria, Manfred and Milena Gruber asked Sharon if she and Martin would come back in June to perform their wedding ceremony before the Lord. They were married in 1992 before a Justice of the Peace, but want to invite friends and family to witness their marriage before God and testify to transformation Jesus Christ has made in their lives.
They have invited 120 guests of which 80 are not yet believers in Christ to a Wedding celebration on June 16th, 2012 at the Holy Cross Abbey in Lower Austria which is ten miles from Vienna in the middle of the Vienna Woods. It is one of the most beautiful medieval monasteries of the world and has a relic of the “True Cross which is exhibited in the Chapel.
They are praying that many of them will be introduced to their Savior and come to know Him too.
Milena grew up in Bulgaria as a communist and was trained as a lawyer, who speaks five languages. She visited Austria often as a translator during her years of study. In 1991, she had a supernatural experience where she heard God tell her to stay in Austria. She met Manfred shortly after and they were married in 1992. Milena came to know Jesus Christ as her personal Savior in 2000. Her life was completely changed. As a communist, there was no room for God. She began to be concerned about her neighbors in the small village of Furth and began inviting them to study the Bible. Many of them have come to know the Lord since and the Bible Study continues. In 2010, her husband Manfred came to know Jesus Christ as Saviour.
Martin, Sharon, and Loretta have seen God open the way in Austria to people who want more of God. As Prince Jonathan once said, “It does not matter to the Lord if He saves by many or by few.” It does not matter to us if He opens the way to big groups or little ones. God loves them all and is using us to do His astonishing End-time Work.
After Martin Luther nailed his 95 Questions on the church door in 1517, many Austrians walked to Germany to study the Bible and learn the Gospel. They brought this back home. It is estimated that some 80% of Austria trusted the Protestant Gospel. The Emperors succeeded in reversing this. After butchery and exile, the Protestants became a minority. We believe God is loosing the power of the Gospel in Austria in our day. We have the privilege to see Him at work and join Him.
To use an 800-year-old Abbey to share how Jesus Christ makes a difference today is a privilege. God is reaffirming His commitment to Austria. The situation will look different if we move as He moves.
Martin & Sharon’s Intinerary:
- June 12th – Leave Louisville in the morning to fly to New York City
- June 13th – Leave JFK in the evening for Vienna, Austria
- June 14th – Arrive Vienna, Austria in the morning
- June 15th – Preparations for the Wedding at the Holy Cross Abbey
- June 16th – Wedding at 3:00 PM (9:00 AM USA time)
- June 17th – Home Meeting at the Schaffer Family
- June 18-19 – Meetings with individuals and groups
- June 20th – Meeting with core group of “The Divine Design Project” in Austria
- June 21st – Meetings with individuals and groups
- June 22nd – Fly back to the USA from Vienna
- June 23rd – Fly back to Louisville, Kentucky
Please Join Us in Prayer for the following:
- Pray that the Wedding ceremony will be a testimony to God’s love and faithfulness as Milena and Manfred celebrate their covenant with God and one another.
- Pray for all of the guests invited to the Wedding that God will open their hearts to receive His love, truth, grace, forgiveness , and life.
- Pray with us and the Austrian believers for eyes to be open for the Good News to become real to people who have only seen powerless religion.
- Pray for continued breakthroughs as we counsel and teach
- Pray for Divine Appointments during the short time we are in Austria
- Pray for God’s provision in spirit, soul, and body
- Pray for protection, safe travel and health
- Pray for continued blessing upon our daughter Bekka and our first granddaughter she is expecting
- Pray for our time with Joel on our way back and forth to Austria
We appreciate your continued partnership with us in the Lord’s ministry to the people and country of Austria. Please let us know if God gives you anything as you pray to share with us. Let us know how we can pray for you as well.
We bless you with great joy as you continue to walk with the King by the power of the Holy Spirit each day. Thank you for your love and prayers.